Monday, January 19, 2015

Published Monday, January 19, 2015 by with 2 comments

We Made it to Maui

After nearly a week of driving from Dallas, TX to San Diego, CA and a 6 hour flight we arrived on Maui yesterday.
The animals were champs the entire time while traveling. They did excellent on the plane too. Angelina was the most scared and did whine some, but is anyone really surprised by that?
We spent all day yesterday unpacking and cleaning up the cottage we're staying at to make it feel more like home. This morning I woke up at 3:30am since my body is still on Texas time. When Matthew woke up we drove to Haleakala to watch the sunrise. A must see!

Just before the sun started to come up.





There it is!








Seeing the sunrise is a very popular thing to do at Haleakala, so it reaches capacity quickly. We had to watch from the lower lookout on the other side of the crater today since it filled up. Still an amazing view. I even overheard one tourist say "I didn't even know that was on my bucket list of stuff I had to see,"

The other side of the island, where we actually live now.

We stopped for breakfast at Kula Lodge on the way down the mountain. It was super delicious and also had a great view, but I left my camera in the car. 

      edit

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos. So happy for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous sunset! Thanks for the update and glad you guys made it there safely! Can't wait to hear more about this new adventure :)

    ReplyDelete