Thursday, June 12, 2014

Published Thursday, June 12, 2014 by with 1 comment

Family Vacation - Puerto Vallarta

Last week we got back from a vacation with Matthew's family in Puerto Vallarta. 

Enjoying the view from the balcony.


At the grocery store they had a bucket full of sprinkles, it took all my self control to not stick my hands and face in and eat them.

Lounging at the pool with the hubs :)

My lovely mother-in-law lending a hand at the ceviche cooking class.

An iguana chilling on the island in the pool. It was kind of freaky to see them swim in the pool to get to the island.

The only photo that I managed to get of the whole family.

They don't seem to enthused to be serenaded by mariachi players

Alayna and Nathanael went surfing on one of the days.





Some birds flying in formation. Don't seem to see that too often.

Epic sandcastle.

The dollar margarita that tasted more like a frozen limeade.

A gorgeous sunset view to go with our dollar margarita, and dinner.


Our Lady of Guadalupe church in old town Puerto Vallarta.

And finally the arches in old town. I couldn't figure out why these were so important. The only history I found (in my quick google search) was that they were rebuilt in 2002 after a hurricane destroyed the originals.

I will admit that I was caught off guard during the trip by the realization that Matthew and I won't ever get to do family vacations with my mom now that she's gone. We had a great time though, and it was fun getting to hang out with Matthew's family. Something we don't get to do very often since they live in Maui.
      edit

1 comment:

  1. These pics are incredible with the gorgeous sunsets and the birds! One of my favorite posts. You are so great at capturing moments.

    ReplyDelete