Sunday, January 6, 2013

Published Sunday, January 06, 2013 by with 0 comment

Just a typical weekend

There might be some gushing in this post about how awesome my husband is. You have been warned.

Last night I went out with some friends to see Les Misérables and then went out to dinner where we discussed things such as The Hobbit, boys and their 'snot', spiritual epiphanies, The Lizzie Bennet Diaries, Once Upon a Time and homemade music videos all while eating deliciousness that is fried food.

When I arrived home I noticed that one of the dogs had been very ill all over the carpet. Now vomit and I just don't get along. At all. So Matthew proceeded to clean up said vomit with paper towels while I'm standing behind him holding my nose and trying not to throw-up myself. Eventually it was too much for me and I had to step outside with the pups. I came to the following realizations, 1) I have the best husband ever and 2) if my dogs regurgitation makes me ill, there is no way I could handle another humans. It's hard to be upset at the dogs though when they can be so cute!

   

Luckily the mess came up and did not stain the carpets.

Today we went to the grocery store and I also got items to make cherry icebox cookies and Boston cream cupcakes! I am excited about making them this week. There is also a recipe for ambrosia cupcakes that sound delectable and while I was telling Matthew about them he told me "only one at a time". I replied by saying, "well yeah, first I'll make the cherry ice box cookies and whatever is left over he can take to work, then the Boston cream cupcakes later in the week and then eventually the ambrosia cupcakes". Matthew's response was "I didn't mean that! I meant only one type of cupcake at a time. Cupcakes and cookies are different, so that's okay to have both". He's so cute. We then worked out to prepare for the amazing treats to come. I also cut his hair, which is always an experiment in communication, though I am getting much better. And while I was cooking tacos for dinner, Matthew was cleaning and vacuuming. Again, I'm so lucky! All in all it was just a typical weekend for us. 
      edit

0 comments:

Post a Comment