Friday, May 8, 2015

Published Friday, May 08, 2015 by with 0 comment

Dear Mom


Dear Mom,

Mother's day is Sunday. Every holiday make me think about you and how long it has been since you've left this world. It's been a year and a half, but it seems like it's been longer and yet like it was just yesterday when I gave you my last kiss goodbye. So much has changed in that year a half but nearly everyday I wish I could call you and let you know whats going on in my life and catch up.
I'm going to be a mom soon. So next year I'll get to be celebrated on Mother's Day as well. It saddens me greatly that you aren't here to meet your first grandchild and won't get to see her grow up. I am looking forward to getting to tell her all about you though and sharing with her some of my favorite memories of you. Hopefully she'll grow up knowing all about you and how much you would have loved her.
I'm so grateful that you were my mom. Even though I did not like you sometimes while growing up because you wouldn't let me do what I wanted to do (and thank you for that) I still loved you. Is it conceited for me to say that I think I turned our pretty great? I hope and pray that I'm able to raise my daughter in a way that honors what you taught me growing up and that she'll be prepared for whatever life throws at her. Mom, you taught me so much, especially in that last few months of your life, about courage, strength, and faith in God. Thank you for being the best mother I could have asked for. I know it wasn't easy for you sometimes. I love you, and Happy Mother's Day!
      edit

0 comments:

Post a Comment