Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Published Wednesday, April 29, 2015 by with 0 comment

Paia

I really wanted to go for a hike this past weekend, but I have the hips of an octogenarian and they have been irritating me the past week. So I figured a hike wasn't the wisest choice since I've been hobbling around. A walk around Paia would work instead though. We have fun going into the shops and looking at all the touristy stuff which I still coveted.



Matthew in front of Paia Fish Market. We've heard a lot about it, but have never been. We're not fans of fish but we have been told they have more than just fish items on the menu.

We decided to grab lunch at Flatbread instead. I've been wanting to try this place out but they're so busy in the evenings. Lunch was the perfect time to go. 

The magic of the wood fire brick oven.

We shared a salad and a flatbread with sausage, caramelized onions, sun-dried tomatoes, roasted bell peppers, and some mozzarella cheese. Oh my goodness, this was so delicious.

And then a dessert. The brownie is warmed up in the brick oven, I could eat this everyday. So yummy.

When we got home we made some iced tea in the vintage pitcher we bought at the antique / thrift store in town. Good end to a good day.
      edit

0 comments:

Post a Comment