Saturday, August 27, 2016

Published Saturday, August 27, 2016 by with 0 comment

Sewing Table

I've had this post sitting in my drafts folder for awhile now. Guess I forgot about it. Anyways, here is the sewing extension table that Matthew and I made sometime ago. I wanted one for my larger sewing projects, like blankets and quilts.
First part, we cut the table down to the size I wanted and fit it for my sewing machine.

We then sanded all the edges and corners.

Next, we made some legs using a dowel rod and some leveling feet.

Our helper, look how tiny she was!

And the hard part, making the legs level.

My mostly finished product. We had to lower the legs some more so the table was flush with my machine. I also have a teflon sheet on my table to make moving the fabric around easier.

Here's the quilt I've been working on for Anneliese and the reason why I really wanted the sewing extension table. I have the top all finished, but I suck at the actual quilting part so haven't started that. I probably will end up doing something easy like straight lines which still gives a neat effect.

      edit

0 comments:

Post a Comment